The Captain Contemplates

 

 
Another one of those rare, non-lewd images from me :) (Smile) 

As some of you may know, one of my main interest is various tabletop RPG games, even if I don't have the time I used to to play them any longer, sadly Sad dummy

One of those games is the "Starfinder" Science-Fantasy setting, which itself is an outgrowth of the "Patherfinder" Fantasy setting (Starfinder is set some indeterminate thousands of years in the future of the Pathfinder setting).

Because its Science-Fantasy, they often have some really wild, weird races available to play.

One of those races is called the 'Contemplatives of Ashok', who were once a humanoid race that choose to hyper-evolve their minds, to the detriment of their bodies, so that now they are little more than giant, exposed brains with an atrophied body below:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starfinder_rpg/
 

This is my attempt to emulate the race, as I recently acquired a body morph that looked like that of that alien race, and a material to make a 'glowing brain'.

I paired her (yes, its a her, what did you expect from me? Wink/Razz ) with the Lashunta I had put together, and I imagine her as the captain of the starship her and her crew all use.

I still have a ton of items I specifically picked up to make Starfinder themed images, so from time to time expect something along this theme from me.

Boring composition notes:

Although many images of a contemplative show them without any clothing on their tiny bodies, some do (like the above image linked, showing it wearing Sci-Fi body armor), so I decided to put some on this character as well (although I may have made the body a little bit bigger than is 'canon' for the race).

I also added two 'vestigial arms' on the sides, as in most illustrations they have those as well, but you can't see them due to the lighting.

Demonstrating that I still don't know much about texturing in Daz Studio, I tried to modify the brain's color to be blue, but no matter what I tried the 'normal brain' coloring still came through (replaced the original 'texture map' with a blue one, overlaid all textures with blue, to no effect).

Still like how everything came out, though.

Comments