Clockwork Sally Slayings

 


"The detectives from Scotland Yard have yet to track down the murderous scoundrel who has taken to calling herself 'Clockwork Sally'.

"Victims are often attacked while sleeping, and the wounds left seem to be from some jagged, dagger-like object.

"As of yet, we have no description of the killer.  She tends to leave a unique 'calling card' behind with slayings: A white envelope, addressed to the victim, with the words 'With Love, from Clockwork Sally' written on it.

"Inside the envelope is a single rusty gear of some sort.  The motivations for this killer remain unknown"

======================================================================================

Another Halloween themed image, using some of the stuff I picked up to do 'eerie' images of this sort (a 'Ball Joint Doll' morph, with a 'Porcelain Doll' skin, and a couple of 'Creepy Toys').

I'm still way behind on my Halloween images.  Partly due to my own increasing laziness over the years, and partly because each image I do in Daz Studio (which I have mostly switched to) take longer than a similar image i Poser, so I can only do about one each day, when I finally convince myself to do an image.

I will probably do a couple more images before (or on) Halloween, though.

As I say each year, I have tons of stuff to do images of this sort.  Over at my DeviantArt page, I may make another folder called "Horror/Eerie' or something, so when I do images of this outside of Halloween, I can just put them all into that folder.

Also, I haven't made nearly as many X-rated images, eerie or otherwise, lately.  I'll probably make a 'New Years' commitment to do more, since I keep collecting stuff to do so, but just never set up a image/series to use it. 

Boring composition notes:

As I say each year, I have tons of stuff to do images of this sort.  I may make another folder called "Horror/Eerie' or something, so when I do images of this outside of Halloween, I can just put them all into that folder.

Still need to learn more about rendering in Iray.

Just learned about the 'Bloom' setting (that makes the 'glow' around bright objects, like the candle flame and the 'Deady Bear' eyes).  Also, the light coming through the window is supposed to be moonlight, but it looks like daylight (at least, outside the room).  Maybe I could fix that my doing another low light render, then just 'cutting around' the window, and compositing it onto this one).

Finally, despite this being my 'new system' meant to handle high quality images, there is still some 'graininess' to it.

Funny thing is, if I were still using Poser, my new system is more than powerful enough to do high quality, huge images (so maybe I'll do more Poser images next year as well, still have a ton of stuff for that program I never used as well).

Comments