Princess Marionette of the Micronauts

 

 

 



My take on the character Princess Marionette from the comic "The Micronauts", which first came out way back in the early 80s.......damn, I'm old :) (Smile)Princess Marionette Wiki

The comic used characters from a toy line of the same name, as many things were simply extended commercials to sell toys back then (G.I. Joe, He-Man, etc).

However, Marvel took these characters and weaved a pretty good story around them, even though the story was obviously highly influenced by Star Wars (the setting even has a mysterious power called "The Enigma Force'....really? No, I disagree! )

I always did like the design of Princess Mari's outfit, though, essentially a high cut one-piece bathing suit (although not quite as high as in my version, I admit :D (Big Grin) ).  I even liked the 'Farrah Fawcett' hairdo they gave her, because I was a teen in the 80s ;) (Wink)

Boring notes on the composition of the outfit to follow:

As I've mentioned before, I've been picking up a lot of 'Super Hero Outfits' from a certain producer over at Renderosity.

Although he never names who the costumes are for, if you know your comics, you can identify most of them.

Recently he produced the boots this character is wearing, and with the color pattern on them its obvious they are meant to be Princess Mari's boots.

Later he made the bodysuit as well.  However, I didn't pick it up for two reasons:

One: I'm a cheapskate.  He's made entire outfits and sold them as one product before, why split up this into boots, bodysuit, and I assume gloves (eventually, but not as of this post), unless you are trying to make more money that way.....or maybe to skirt bast the comic companies who would sue him for selling products based on their Intellectual Property, I don't know.

Second, as I mentioned above, I wanted a body suit that was practically a thong in the back, and most of his outfits cover up the butt cheeks (as in the comics, despite me remembering them differently Wink/Razz ).

So I tried my best to make my own, with less than inspiring results.  I just couldn't space the strips on her body suit to have a red portion at the bottom, and the gloves show mis-alignment of the stripes.  Oh well, good enough for me (and if he makes the gloves, I may pick them up eventually).

Comments