Out of Commission for Awhile

 

Update: Well, transferred all the files I could access from the damaged drive to a new drive, plus went to my old backup and transferred stuff from it as well.

Also, just to be sure, I went ahead and re-installed a lot of the items I purchased from Daz3D (they make it easy with their auto-installer), and manually reinstalled a lot of stuff from Renderosity (the other site I get most of my stuff from, and mainly stuff for the Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 figures I use).

Tested it a couple of times by loading some old save files, and they seem to work.

I won't know for sure until much later, but I think I'm okay to start rendering again, just need to figure out what to start with 😄

=============================================================================

 

Well, it looks like I may not be able to make new images for a week or two :(


The primary external drive I use for my Daz Studio renders has started acting up (not loading certain items). I'm trying to transfer all the content to a new drive, but its not recognizing certain folders.

Its my own fault, really. I bought a relatively cheap 2TB external drive awhile back, and I guess it wasn't meant for the heavy usage I have been putting it through.

I did learn my lesson from the last time this happened, though, and a couple of years ago made a backup of my Runtimes.

Problem is, that was a couple of years ago, so if I default to using said backups, I'll have to go through the time consuming process of re-installing, and that could take a week or so.

The thing I hate most about this is that all of the new 'scenes' I had set up since that backup (all of the characters and the situations I put them in) will be lost if I can't recover anything from that drive (like my rendition of Meg Griffin, among others), so it will be back to the drawing board and remake them from 'scratch'

Comments