Glazed Goblin



My first 'test render' using my new system, allegedly one that can handle high density renders better than my old system.

This render took about a hour and a half to complete. I'm certain it would have taken several hours with my old system, and probably have still come out grainy.

All that being said, the image is still kind of dark (the 'Inn' prop I used has its own lights associated with objects that would actually give off light in the room (fireplace, candles, etc). I added a couple to try to light up this scene better, but it still came out dark.

If you are wondering about the strange red 'blotches' on the goblin's skin: I used a normal 'freckled' skin texture (same as I have been using for Velma lately), and then applied a 'fantasy skin' shader to make it light green. Maybe I should have made it darker green, or dispensed with the freckles altogether.

Comments