Star Captain Amelia





For the most part, lately I seem to be stuck in an 'emulate' mode, where I see the work someone else has made, and then I try to copy the image, more or less.

In this case, its the work of an artist by the name of Kevinsano.

He recently did an image (and variants) of the caracter Captain Amelia, from the animated movie "Treasure Planet": Captain Amelia Wiki

"Treasure Planet" is set in what could be called a 'Steam Punk" universe:  It has many of the trappings of Sci-Fi settings like "Star Wars", but its a mixture of Magic and Technology (the 'Starships' of the setting look very much like the Sailing Ships of old).

Kevinsano did an image of her in a more 'standard' Sci-Fi setting, even giving her a 'cyber-arm'.
Here is a link to his images at twitter, but I've attached a couple above as well: Kevinsano's Nude Amelias

In retrospect, I see I probably should have made my skin a bit more orange in testure.
Also, as usual, the images are a bit grainy because my poor system is no way near optimized for doing high density (or even low density) Iray renders, but still much better than my previous system.

Warning: Possibly Boring notes on the composition of the image, as well as my thoughts of Furry Art/Erotica follow, so feel free to just oogle the images above, and ignore my blathering on 😅


Funny thing is, I think I had more fun making the fully clothed version than the nude version 😄

In his version, she is wearing a simple blue leotard.  I had something similar, but decided to keep some of the patterning in mine (although I modified the blue texture to be darker).  I had to make a custom 'transparancy map' to hide portions of the 'cybe-arm' which extends up to the shoulder.

For no particular reason other than I liked how it looked, I gave her an armored 'neck/chin guard'.
Even the official Amelia wears some thigh high Kinky Boots, so I picked up some from my library that were close (meant for the original Ms. Marvel).  Lastly, I added a 'sci-fi' belt and a holster attached to the left boot (she's the captain of a warship, so I figure she would go armed.  Hell, she probably has an old fashioned Saber in her ready room as well 😏)

I had a hard time with the 'holo screens', as the only versions of them I have are for Poser, and don't look entirely right in Daz Studio, but some tinkering with the textures and they came out okay.

You might notice that her legs in the Nude version are spaced a little differently.  I used a 'puffy cameltoe' application, again to emulate Kevinsano's nude version, but I had to move the legs to give a better view (still didn't come out as well as I would have wanted, though).

I didn't have a hairdo like the one in the true image, so I used what I call my "Liza Minelli in Caberet" hairdo instead.

Finally, I used a 'cat person' facial morph, and a 'lioness' skin texture, ears, and even eyebrows (even though they may not be obvious in a non-closeup).

Another interesting point:  If you look closely (despite the graininess due to my poor system trying to render a high density image in Iray), you may notice that in the clothed version, the portions of her legs that show have a 'lightly furred' texture to them.  The entire body has that texture, but when I expanded certain areas, the texture expanded as well and just didn't look right to me, so I removed the 'furred' texture from the entire body (except the face).

And now my thoughts on Furry Art/Erotica:

     First off, I don't consider myself a 'Furry Fan'.  I am, however, an overall fan of Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and even Horror (like many others out there).  Because of that, I can find 'near human aliens' attractive, particularly is everything below the neck is still basically human, and the head isn't to far from human norm (I have seen some artists try to draw a sexy Mind Flayer......Hell NO!!!!! 😨)

Kevinsano seems to draw exclusively Furry/Non-Human art/erotica, of which I guess I'm only a fan of his 'near-human' stuff like this.

Okay, enough blathering for one post 😁

Comments