Mother Gothel Take Two






This is my second take on Mother Gothel, the evil step mother of Rapunzel from Disney's "Tangled", with the first version here: Priestess Gothel

Although she is technically a witch, this isn't really a Halloween themed image.

On another forum, a 'Woman of the Month Art Jam' is held, where a character is voted on by all those who participated in the last month's jam.

I 'won' for this month, and my suggestion was Mother Gothel :-)

Like I said in my first version, the model the used for Gothel reminded me a LOT of Cher, but this time I didn't use the 'celebrity morph' I had for her, but a more 'generic' female.

I did add some slight 'age lines' about her face though.  I don't have her exact dress from the movie, but this one is very close (and a bit sexier :-)).

The second image is based on something I saw in a comic by an artist called R_ex (see that page above).  I just liked the look she had on her face in that lower left panel, and tried to duplicate it.

The last image is based on a image I had commissioned by MalcolmD that put together Gothel and Elsa (somewhat inspired by fan theories that Rapunzel and Elsa may be related): Elsa and Gothel by MalcolmD

Comments