Terra From The New Teen Titans





I made the first version of this image in 2017.  This is a 'take two' on the image, as since then I've gotten better props that look more like Terra from the comic (don't know why I never posted this here).  I copy pasted most of the text from that original post, so it may sound a bit dated.

My take on an adult version of the 'Classic' Terra (Tara Markov) from the comic "The New Teen Titans".

My thanks to Hotrod5 for the Victoria 4 Bodysuit Texture to do this character :-)

Because I have to be true to myself, I did a Breast Expansion, 'Slut Suit' version as well :-)

I rendered this in Daz Studio (playing with more and more lately), so the suit textures didn't come out as they should have in Poser, and the skin could also look better (its supposed to be a freckled skin, but you really can't tell here; I have to learn lighting in Daz better).

Part of what finally got me to do this is that the animated version of "Teen Titans: The Judas Contract" is due out on DVD soon, but I've already seen it early (yay me! :-)).

I'm going to go into some SPOILERS for both the Comic and the Animated Movie, so Warning for those who don't know this story already.

Well, the story can be summed up rather quickly: The Titans accept Tara/Terra into their team, but it eventually turns out that she is a traitor, and has been secretly working with Deathstroke all along! :wow:

I was never a big fan of the animated Teen Titans series, but they did do this storyline in that as well.  In that version, as I recall, Terra was just a confused girl that Deathstroke manipulated to get what he wanted (didn't watch long enough to see if he was working for Brother Blood in that version).

In the animated version its more or less the same as well.

In the comic, though, it was a bit different: When the big reveal was made, it was clear that Tara was meant to be Totally Evil from Day 1 (a modern example would be Azula from "The Last Airbender"), she was just pretending to be a 'good girl' to get the titans on her side.  Matter of fact, there were images shown of her smoking and wearing WAY too heavy make-up, as well as.... other things.

In short, it was heavily hinted at that Tara Markov was having a sexual relationship with Deathstroke!  :wow:

In the second image above I've clipped together the perhaps 'worst' examples of her behavior, all of them after her true nature was revealed to the readers (if not the Titans themselves).   Not only her manner of dress, but the panels where she says 'If you have the stamina you can thank me later" and outright saying "....and it wasn't because we were lovers!" kind of confirms it (although I guess an argument could be made that this 'relationship' was all in her unbalanced mind, but I think not).

The reason this is scandalous is because of the supposed age of Tara, estimamted to be anywhere from 14 to 17 at the most.  I think the only reason this didn't cause a ruckus at the time was that the internet in the 80s wasn't what it was today.  Also, how could the writers not think about how this would look?  I'm guessing they did it because it make Tara come off as more 'evil', for willingly having a relationship with an adult....without thinking about how that made Slade himself look.

Strange thing is, in the animated "Judas Contract", they kind of touch on this.  There is a scene where Tara (who is obviously 18+), walks in on Slade wearing a pink 'slip' I guess you would call it.  He leans in close to fix a 'contact lens camera' she is wearing, and after doing so says "I got it".  She puts her arms around him and says "Not yet....but you could".....:wow:

 He doesn't respond at all to this obvious come on, to her disappointment.  Funny thing is, this character was voiced by Christina Ricci, and I could have seen her playing this role in the exact same way when she was the age of the comic Terra, being the 'rebel actress' that she is known to be and all :-)


Here is an article that talks about the Terra/Slade relationship: Re-Examining Terra and The Judas Contract

As to Terra being evil, I do remember my MUCH younger self being shocked at the revelation, although if you go back and look it was kind of obvious.  Of course I totally missed all the other 'hints' about their relationship.

Comments