The Clown



"I am The Clown.

"I am the spirit of Merriment and Mirth made Manifest.

"I am the Holy Fool, for only I would go where Angels fear to tred.

"I am the Court Jester.  The only one who can speak Truth to the King, and thus remind him of his connection with the Common Folk.

" I am Mighty, for I can lift the heaviest of Hearts, and give them reason to face the world again.

"I can look my Darkest of reflections squarely in the eye, and tell IT to lighten up with a Joke-er two.

"I am The Clown; come, and Laugh with me, or Laugh AT me, so long as I hear your Laughter"

==================================================================

     This is one of the rare times I don't do a necessarily sexualized image, but she may return in the future, with my standard Uber Boobs, maybe around Halloween, to face off her evil counterparts :-)

     The genesis of this image came when I saw the trailer for "IT, part 2": IT, Part 2 Trailer

     I was a bit into the works of Steven King back in my high school years (oddly enough, around the same time that "IT, Part 1" was set in :-)), and "IT" is one of my favorite of his novels.

     However, there is a part of me that is just getting sick to death of Clowns being portrayed as objects of Evil and Fear, when that is not at all what they are meant to represent.  I even read that real life party clowns were having their income affected by the current 'Evil Clown' craze.

     I don't call myself a 'poet'; in fact, I've only ever written one 'story', again back in my high school days.  I thought I was writing the perfect story.  Then I set it aside, and a few months later went back to read it.  What an utter piece or CRAP!! :wow:.  After that I never put pencil to paper again :roll:

     Although I pulled the 'poem' above out of my own head, I'm certain someone else has said the same thing much better than I did.

     I was initially going to make a separate image for each 'stanza' of the poem, but of course got too lazy and just settled for this single one.

Comments