Princess Attea from Ben 10: Alien Force



My take on a more 'realistic' Princess Attea from the Cartoon Network show Ben : Alien Force: Princess Attea Wiki

I tweaked her face a bit in the 'Naughty' images, 'tooning' it up a bit, although that messed with the 'No Nose' and 'No Ears' morphs I used, so I used my poor skills in photoshop to try to correct that.

This image was inspired by something I saw at Rule 34 (see image above).  As I just picked up what I call a 'Stunt Tongue', I tried to duplicate the long, twisting tongue look, with debatable results.

I enjoyed putting this together, as I have the most fun 'kitbashing' together something to look like what a character is wearing instead of just picking up a 'on model' outfit someone else has made, whenever possible at least (the more 'generic' the outfit, the better, of course).

I never watched much of Ben 10 myself, but from the few episodes I did see over its run, and from what I have heard online, it was a show that could stand with Gargoyles, Justice League Unlimited, or even Batman The Animated Series in its quality.  It also wasn't 'static', each season the cast got older and more experienced.... until the inevitable 'reboot' that happened recently, that is.

I remember seeing an episode with Attea, and the first thing I noticed is that she sounded a bit like 'classic' Harley Quinn.  The character's voice actress is Tara Strong, best known for voicing Raven on "Teen Titans" and who, curiously enough, voices Harley in most of her recent animated appearances.
I may do more 'naughty' stuff with her later, since I have a 'Looma Red Wind' put together (another character I did based on previous Rule 34 material instead of having watched the show).

 One final thing: I've noticed that Attea's alien race (the 'Incursians') seem to follow a classic sci-fi/fantasy trope:  The men of her race look like humanoid frogs, but the females look like humans with some minor differences (no nose officially, although I've seen her drawn without ears/hair as well [don't know if that's official or not, though]).  I remember an issue of the Fantastic Four drawn by John Byrne where we get to see female Skrulls for what I think is the first time, and aside from the pointed ears, strange iris, and ruffled chins, look like otherwise beautiful human women (then again, John just couldn't draw an ugly woman unless he tried really hard :-)).



Comments