Finally got a new system! Wel, kinda......

Here is one of my rare non-image posts.

     As the title says, I finally bit the bullet and got a new system, that arrived today.

     Except, its not exactly new.  As usually happens, other things happened in Real Life that ate away at the money I was planning on using for a brand new system.

     I still managed to put away enough to buy a 'refurbished' system, from a site called Newegg.  I did some checking, and Newegg seems to be a site people trust (hell, i even forgot that I bought the video card for my current old system from them).  The price point on the refurbished system almost seems too good to be true though.

     According to the stats, its marginally better than my old/current one, but it has no Operating System or Monitor (which probably help with the low price).  Picked up an equally cheap OS from Ebay, and already have a pretty good monitor.
 
      Even is this system is not as good as advertised, its probably at least as good as my old/current system (before it started getting glitchy).  It should last me until this time next year, when I will bite a bigger bullet and get an entirely new system.

     Going to spend the next few days setting it up, then transferring important files/programs over, so I won't be doing any images for awhile (of course, I haven't been doing that anyway).  After that, I'll probably still use my old system as a 'back up' (the video card is having problems,  so I'll remove it), by resetting it to 'brand new' state, and use it as an 'offline' system (mostly).

     When I make a new image with my 'new' system, I'll let everyone know.

Comments