Drow vs Illithid by Bloodfart



A somewhat long rant about the origin of this image follows, so be warned.

Here is a commissioned image I recently acquired from the artist Bloodfart over at Hentai Foundry: Bloodfart's Profile

Like the last image I got from him, I contributed in a small way by rendering the background.

Its revisiting a theme I had several years back based on something I saw in an old "Dungeons and Dragons" adventure, where a disgraced Drow (Dark Elf) noblewoman was sold to the Illithids, or "Mind Flayers": octopus-headed mind controlling monsters who live by eating the brains of their victims :wow:

This illithid was different from the others, though; it possessed an appendage that all other Flayers don't have: A Penis! :-)

It decided to use this unique appendage to spice up its dinner, so to speak, and uses its mind control powers to actually make the drow female enjoy the experience, although a portion of her mind still knows what's going on, thus the tear of regret.

Don't worry, though!  It doesn't end as bad as you might expect, since in my 'story' the attempted feeding awakens in the drow's mind a hidden talent for 'Chaos' magic.  Before the fatal extraction, she dissapears in a flare of chaotic magical energy that destroys her captor.

Not she wanders the Underdark, driven half-insane by both the failed extraction of her brain and the chaotic energies flowing through her body.

In her lucid moments she plots the destruction of all Illithids she encounters, but in those... other... moments she tends to see everyone she sees as an Illithid and try to blast them out of existence.

I don't know why I had this idea flowing through my mind, but I decided to have several artists over the years do their version of the idea (I think I posted most of them at my blog).

Anyway, I may eventually try my own version of this idea, since I finally came across a good Poser version of a Mind Flayer (and a couple of other things to cludge together alternate versions of one), so expect that sometime in the near future.

Funny thing: I can't help but wonder if my idea could have been the inspiration for a character in an Official Dungeons and Dragons supplement, "Drow of the Underdark" for 3rd Edition.

In it is a character called Mindshard, who pretty much has the same origin story as my character (which I came up with FIRST, so I have dibs on the idea ^_^).

Also, if you check the various Rule 34 sites, you will see a lot of 'Illithid Erotica'.  Did I just hit on the idea first, or is this just a recurring theme that pops up from time to time (maybe inspired by japanese 'tentacle hentai')?

Comments