Dragon Pearl








Edit: Did another render where I changed the spots and blade to day-glo blue.


I will call this an image 'inspired' by the character Pearl from "Steven Universe": http://steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Pearl

The dark 'spots' across her body were intended to be sparkly purple gems.  However, as I have noted many times before, my poor system just can't handle rendering in IRay, and lighting is still a task for me in Daz Studio, so the spots didn't come out right, and it may still be a little too dark.  I also wanted the blade on her staff to look more like an 'energy glow', but the shader I picked doesn't look the same rendered as it does in 'preview' mode.

I didn't give her my standard 'Big 'uns' as I do with other characters.  I had planned on doing another render with such, but this image took so long to render, and pretty much shuts down my system afterwards, I probably won't do an alternate version.

I put the 'Crystal Dragon' in the image for no particular reason, I just had it in my library for awhile now and decided to use it for something.

That being said, I am proud of how it came out in the end.  The background itself was rendered in Poser, but it does look like it was all done as one scene (even with the shadow on the ground).

As to Steven Universe: I really don't know much at all about the cartoon, besides the fact that it is about, as some have described it, "Lesbian Space Rocks" :-)

I doubt I ever will get into it, despite all the good things I have heard.  On the whole, I've finally moved away from animation that isn't specifically aimed at an older audience (and I don't even watch as much anime as I did a few years ago); I just don't have the attention span anymore I guess.

Comments