Night Tribe Na'Vi

From the personal journal of Dr. Grace Augustine:

"I have heard tales from some of the elder Na'Vi that there exists a 'hidden' tribe, some even call them an outcast tribe.

"They are said to have a midnight-blue skin, with lighter striping, and overall possess a more feral appearance than the 'average' member of the species.

"The tribe is said to view themselves in the same manner as the wolf-analogue predators on Pandora; a people ment to cull out the weak among the tribes so that the strong can survive... in other words, they hunt their own kind (and darker rumors say that they even feed on those they hunt).

 "They are also said to engage in a form of scarification, or self mutilation, by cutting off their 'ponytails', the organ that allows them to commune with Aywah.  Allegedly this is done so that they can harden themselves, and remove any possible emotions of being connected to the lives they must take in order to make the race strong.

"So far, I have no proof that this sub-tribe even exists, but I imagine one would look much like this composite image I managed to construct."

I came up with this idea after seeing a production image of a Na'Vi warrior:  http://tinyurl.com/2fthla6

I used photoshop to modify the skin I use for a Na'Vi (made by Saphira98), making the skin a dark blue.

Strangely enough, the original dark stripes now look a light blue against the dark background.

Comments

Balthane said…
Interesting. I was thinking about Na'vi removing the ponytail-tentacles as a form of banishment. Willfully removing them would seriously affect the way these rouge Na'vi behave.
Chup@Cabra said…
Ah, I hadn't thought of that as a punishment for a crime.

Perhaps in my 'story' the originator of the "Night Tribe" was cast out this way, and made his own tribe as a result.