Cyber Drow 1



"in a future city of Magic, Circuits, and Chrome, a drow Exotic Dancer plows her trade in one of the 'unregulated' parts of the Megaplex City [where the inhabitants are all too poor to afford to pay for proper Police Protection Policies]).

"While most just see her as nothing more than a stripper, few know her true purpose, as a Spy, Assassin [if need be], and most importantly as a servant to Lloth, Queen of the Cyberweb Pits!"

I got this idea from a couple of sources; First thinking about the 'Steampunk' feel of Eberron that I mentioned in a previous image.

Second, from long ago playing a game called "Shadowrun", which mixed the seemingly incompatible settings of "Cyberpunk" [think "Blade Runner"], with some of the fantasy trappings common to "Dungeons and Dragons".

What I disliked about Shadowrun (other than its confusing rules ^_^), was the fact that it was almost D&D meets Cyberpunk, but not quite. In other words, for the short time I played, I was expecting to see iconic races/encounters from D&D, including Drow.

Now that D20 Modern is out (has been for quite awhile now), along with various supplements, you can actually play a D&D meets Cyberpunk campaign (specifically by mixing their "Urban Arcanna" setting with "D20 Future" and "D20 Cyberscape".

While I would love to run a campaign like that, I doubt I will, since my days of pencil-and-paper seem long behind me now (work schedules tend to seperate all the ones I used to play with, and new players are hard to find in my area).

Still, I think I'll detain the unique elements of a "Cyber Arcanna" setting for myself :-)

Comments