Big Guns


This image was somewhat inspired by the work of Mark Volk and all of his 'big military girls' images (fantasy, present-day and futuristic) ^_^ (http://www.xalynne.com/)


It was an interesting process to put this character together. First off, the top part of the armor was actually ment for Victoria 4, and had no morphs built into it. Luckily, I already had the Sexy Slayer System by Wyrmmaster, so I did a test to see if it would work with Vicky 4 clothing, and it did...somewhat.


Both the feet and the fingers came out weird, so I dissapeared the fingers on the suit. I couldn't find any good replacements for just the feet of the armor, so I replaced the legs entirely with another set.


Also, I learned how to make my own transparency maps (yay!). That's how I produced the 'revealing cleavage' of the armor (as ridiculous as it may seem, I've seen 'official' illustrations in products like d20 Future that have midriff bearing combat armor :-/).


Finally, I did a little of very poor 'postwork' to cover up some poke through at the corners of the breast plates (hope to get better with that in time)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks great! I love her attitude.

As far as midriff-baring armor goes, it starts to make more sense as you move away from the medieval time frame. Armor does a good job of stopping, say, swords, but personal armor capable of stopping something like, say, a man-portable railgun is probably not gonna happen. So, since the armor really doesn't protect against anything, it's really more for style/show than anything else.
Unknown said…
Much as I hate to disagree with any artist, I'm going to have to here. -Any- protection in combat is good, more is better. There is a "Red Queen's Race" between attack and defense. If there are man portable railguns, there -will- be armor that can stop railgun rounds, even if the wearer has to wear a powered exoskeleton to carry the heavy stuff. I'm afraid this means that there might not have the "cheesecake armor" we love in the future.

Unless we invent force fields, then all bets are off...