Shardmind Psion


After reading a review of the Player's Handbook 3 for Dungeons and Dragons 4th edition, I learned of a new race introduced in the book called the "Shardmind".

They are essentially beings made of a living crystal, humanoid in form but very angular, and possessed of powerful natural psionic abilities.

So here is my attempt at a female Shardmind psion, using a 'alien' morph I thought looked a bit like the description (and some images I managed to scrounge up).

For the DnD geeks out there, I know it doesn't make much sense for a pure psion to be carrying a shield (at least as far as I can remember, been quite awhile since I last played), but I had a crystal shield in my library and thought it looked cool :-)

I don't play 4th edition myself (like many others, I think its just "World of Warcraft" transported to pencil-and-paper), but I was always a fan of the Psionics rules from the game (even the VERY unbalanced and crappy 1st edition rules), so their introduction in 4th edition is making me rethink my aversion to 4th edition (and even more so since a new "Dark Sun" setting is being made as well).

I'll wait and read reviews of that setting before making up my mind to get into 4th edition, though.

Comments