Somebody's Watching Me


Velma is getting the strange sensation that, as she is stepping out of the shower, that she is being watched by... something! ^_^

An artist named Megatigertron over at DA has started something he is calling the "BBW CRUSADE", and I was planning on doing another Velma anyway, so here was the chance to use a new BBW morph.

I've done various body types for Velma over time, from a slim and stacked version to a Voluptuous (some would say BBW) version. Currently the artist Julius Zimmerman does my favorite version of Velma. Awhile back, he had this to say about how he justifies a sexy rendition of her:

> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Z
> To: "Zimmerman-Gallery"
>
>
> Because I had never seen hardly any SCOOBY-DOO or much of any other
> comic characters, and because my background has been mostly just nudes
> I've always tended to give top priority to what I consider sexy nudes
> and only secondary consideration to depicting characters precisely as
> they were originally designed.
>
> In my opinion, the designers of VELMA were aiming for that
> stereotypical unattractive "brain" as a counterpoint to the pretty
> "bimbo" Daphne, with perhaps a sly touch of lesbianism overtones
> thrown in for the private amusement of the animation staff. Velma's
> design goes overboard to counter all the artistic rules of what
> constitutes sexy - glasses, bug eyes, freckles, non-form-fitting
> clothes, smart, etc. If I were going to draw her as a sex object,
> these traditional icons would never doo. Fortunately, her loose
> clothing masked the presence of some monster gazongas, which every man
> (and woman) knows goes a long way to boost a woman's attraction
> quotient.

Amen to that! ^_^

Comments

MDetector5 said…
I'd say that you did a good job of her here. And I do agree with Z's thoughts on Velma. He always does a good job with her.
Anonymous said…
Velma is a natural for an artist. Her biggest advantage i believe is that her hair style and glasses make her instantly recognizable. No matter what other clothing or lack of clothing the artist wants to use in a picture. I to like the verzion of Velma that Mr. Z offers. All excess poundage should go to a female characters boobs first.
Acherom said…
Hey!
First comment here, but I'm an older fan of your art, since I've found you on DeviantArt.
Your style is great and your inspiration (Mr. Z) is one of my faves!!
Keep up the good work!!
Sorry for some mistake... I'm Brazilian and my English is not very good at all!!
Chup@Cabra said…
Thanks to all for the comments on this one :-)

To Anon: When I do a Velma image I try to keep something of her 'costume' in the image, even if its only the glasses (although usually I try to keep the 'school girl' shoes and socks at least, and the orange color scheme).

I've settled on this 'morph' for her lately because I just like its looks (its ment to look like the women you might see in the art of Frank Frazetta [his women were never 'model thin', but but not exactly BBW either]).

to Acherom: Thanks espically for your comment (sorry for my lateness in replying); its nice to know that I have some 'international' fans ^_^