Creator of Dungeons and Dragons Dead at 69

Don't know if anyone else knows/cares about this, but E. Gary Gygax, one of the Co-Creators of the Dungeons and Dragons role-playing game, died March 5th at age 69: http://nodwick.humor.gamespy.com/index.htm

The D&D game has been a significant part of my life for well over 20+ years now. I have gained many of the friends I now have from playing that game.

I haven't played the game in several years now, most of the groups I played with have migrated elsewhere or moved on to online rpgs, like World of Warcraft, but we still keep in touch by e-mail and the occasional visit.

E.G.G. will be missed by us D&D geeks (still fondly remember his appearance on 'Futurama' ^_^.

As some others have said, and I reiterate: "Thanks for saving us a spot at the Gaming Table" (and for all the hot Drow Chicks! ^_^)

I'll try to create an appropriate (and for once, non-x-rated or even nude) tribute image soon.

Comments