lvl9Drow's 'Drull'

With all due apologies to fellow Deviantart member lvl9Drow, I liked one of his creations so much (an alien species he has named the 'Drull'), that I attempted to do a poor poser version of it.

You can see his actual version of the race here: http://tinyurl.com/22k2v3

The original model was a 'grey alien' vesion of the Aiko 3 model. Doing the neck was the hard part. I had to 'dissapear' the odel's real neck (which was not segmented at all). I substituted a snake for the neck, changed its color to more or less match the skin tone, and gave it a few twists. I also added some claws, sharpened the teeth, and elongated the toes a bit (although I couldn't put claws on them).I would have liked to have elongated the tongue, but this model doesn't have that morph.

I'm sure that if I use this model in future renders, I can fake that as well with a snake

From this angle you can't tell that the 'snake-neck' doesn't fill in perfectly the invisible true neck, but good enough for me. If I use this in the future I will probably try to use photoshop to fill in if I use other angles.

Comments