The Flayer, at last!


Well, I finally managed to attain one of the 'holy grails' of poser models for me, the hard to find Flayer model.


So, at last, I can finally re-produce the Mind Flayer/Drow Chick combination I have paid so many other real artists to do ^_^


As always, even though the tentacles are 'easy pose', its hard to get them to work the way you want. I wanted a tight fit around the head, but that was too hard. Also, I think the tentacles are a little too long for me (I'm used to shorter tentacles in flayer images). Adjusting their size is a pain as well (you have to go through each segment and adjust the x/y/z scale).


I gave the drow chick a few strands of hair, to suggest that she was shaven before the 'meal' (the flayer doesn't want any nasty hair in its brains ;-)


I'm happy with this first attempt, and the flayer will return in future renders (I'm thinking about trying my hand at a true 'comic', but that will take some time).
Edit:
At another forum there was some confusion as to the true nature of this image, so let me assure all viewers now: This is NOT a 'snuff' image. To quote myself from my old 'blog':
My idea behind the images comes from working on a Dungeons and Dragons adventure. In it, the players come across a ex-noble drow who had been sold into slavery to the Mind Flayers. My idea was that one of the Flayers was a 'deformed' member of its kind; in the transformation of its human host it retained certain parts (i.e. a penis ^_^). It decided to 'spice' up its meal one day by using its deformity to best effect while feeding.
However, the combination of the feeding attempt, the constant psychic mind control, and her own ability with magic combined. In a flash of energy, she dissapeared from the flayer's grasp, killing him in the process. Now half mad, she wanders the underdark, plotting revenge against her captors in her lucid moments. In her mostly insane moments, she blasts everything she sees as a mind flayer with her new 'chaos' magic.
Since I have now become an "artist" (I use that word with HEAVY sarcasm; I'm just using a 'leggo' set to make things), I can finally produce my 'own' image. Now I can finally produce the 'aftermath' image without paying someone else (see a future post for that) .

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know someone most have made a Mind Flayer. Good start
Anonymous said…
Lovely image Chup, have you considered redoing it using the shiny skin texture on the drow female, like say, for example, in Peace through Nudity?..

Cheers Mate